This page has lots of information about cat wellness. Click on the links below, or select topics to the left to learn more about cat wellness topics like grooming, behaviour and home dental care.
We love cats, and know they can be a little set in their ways, but we always aim to deliver the best visit possible. Come in and see how a Cat-Friendly Practice can benefit your fur-baby.
Cats are masters at hiding their illness so proactive testing and assessment are especially important to provide the longest, healthiest life possible. Our annual wellness plans are based on recommendations by AAHA and the AAFP. Team members at MVH provide these plans for our own healthy adult cats every year, and we can put together the best plan for your cat.
THE PLAN DETAILS
The following details are for our Proactive Adult Cat Annual Plan. Contact us for pricing specifics and options!
- One complete physical exam.
- Appropriate vaccines (including the Feline Leukemia vaccination if indicated).
- Appropriate dewormer.
- Blood work
– To check the function of the internal organs (such as the liver, kidneys, and pancreas).
– Vital in the diagnosis of infections, including anemia and many other diseases.
– Makes anesthesia safer.
- A complete urinalysis
– Urine contains by-products from many different organs, and abnormal levels of these by-products can indicate diseases including diabetes, liver disease, and kidney disease.
– Tests for stones crystals and infections in the bladder.
- Dental Procedure
– Includes dental radiographs, assessment, cleaning, and polishing under general anesthesia with IV fluids and advanced monitoring.
– The costs associated with dental surgery including tooth extractions are not included.
- Free nutrition counseling.
- Free joint care counseling.
- Free behavior counseling.
- Customized weight program.
- One free anal gland expression.
- Fifty Percent off microchip identification.
- Discount on additional exams during the year if they are required.